Friday, December 30, 2011

The STREET Life in Paris (sorry Mr. Leibovitz)

Paris Street Cred
As much as I would like this to be an epic blog entry about my experimental hours as a Paris boho, I cannot claim that specific type of hard-core street cred (as for my possessing other forms of street cred--well, I'm not here to brag...but you can draw you own conclusions). I can, however, report that art is exhibited in the streets of Paris as much as it is exhibited in its museums and galleries. It's exciting to discover that Paris seems to host a sustaining community of street artists--a wonderful contradiction to those who swear that the city doesn't embrace the contemporary! Since I've been here, I have noticed some really spectacular--and all-together fun--Street Art. And just to show you that I am not the only one who's noticed, I came across this book at the librarie today (right).

I've decided to follow a few of these street artists (or rather, their work) around Paris, which means I can go NO WHERE without my camera. Should you be planning a visit here, be sure to keep your eyes open at all times. The streets of Paris are filled with aesthetic goodies to absorb. Here's what my stealth street senses have led me to find so far. Word.

1. Jef Aerosol (probably my favorite, thus far, and the only artist I've officially identified)

2. (Fat Cat)
3. (Everywhere)






4. (Poupées de Paris)





5. (Just for fun?)








No comments:

Post a Comment