Monday, December 26, 2011

Was the Museum Staff Sampling the Eggnog??!!

Museums Have a Little Holiday Fun
O, You Crazy Art Lovers, You!
This year the Tate Museum started a thread on Twitter for #xmasartpuns. The result? Nothing short of a FANTASTIC artsy-nerd EXTRAVAGANZA. Museums, scholars, curators, galleries, and art lovers all over the world took some time out of their day on Friday to contribute their best suggestions. I offer a few samples in the following list:
  1. Cezanne's Greetings
  2. Deck the Halls with Boughs of Dali
  3. I Wish it Could be Christmas Every Degas
  4. Chagall I Want for Christmas is You
  5. It's my Fauverite time of year
  6. On the Hirst day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
  7. It's Christmas All Over Gauguin!
  8. Feliz Navi-Dada
  9. Its Bacon to feel a lot like Christmas.
  10. Ai Weiwei in a Manger
  11. There's no place like Homer for the holidays!
  12. ...and a happy Vermeer!
Now, who said museum's are stuffy and art's no fun?! I beg to differ.
(Oh and just to be clear...I don't know who the people in the above photo are, but I like their enthusiasm!) As for the photos below...well, I plead the 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment