Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"I’m living my memoir, I don’t need to write it." Karl Lagerfeld

Paris Fashion Week begins with Karl Lagerfeld sighting!

On my way home Saturday night (Jan. 21,2012), Karl Lagerfeld passed me on the street. I DIED inside (I've already posted about my obsession with the man), but I tried to remain cool as he passed by.
Of course, I'm sure that all went out the window when I turned around to stealthily follow him and pull out my camera. Yes, ok, this was very bourgeois of me, but I'm sure society will forgive this recent expat for her untrollable enthusiasm...if not...psh, I have visual records of KL...I'm set!

What you will see below is the result of my accidentally starting to record a video. Turns out, it was the best thing I got. You can see the digital Lagerfeld profiles on the tv screens in the background (a countdown until his Haute Couture fashion show tomorrow) and him walking towards them to take his own photo memory of the night (his man-friend took the snapshot for him). He ended up spending the night eating at the cafe next to my apartment!! Quelle chance!
OolaLagerfeld was the general sentiment of the gawking bougies comme moi who were in the vicinity that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment